The Griffin School Foundation purpose is fulfilled, in part, by funding grants that support the improvement of the Griffin Community’s public education that are not supported by traditional funding sources. In the past, grants have been awarded to support arts, music, technology, athletics, emergency funds, special education and other high impact projects.
Griffin School Foundation Grant Selection Criteria
Preference is given to proposals that:
- Have matching funds
- Have not been funded by the Griffin School Foundation in the previous year
- Demonstrate the lack of available supporting funds
- Impact a large number of people in the education community
- Will be used for projects that provide long term value and/or for the purchase of durable (non perishable) goods
Grants are not awarded:
- To religious organizations where the funds will be used in part or whole to further the organization’s religious purposes
- To Individuals or political organizations
- For political or lobbying activities
- For debt reduction (to pay off existing loans)
- To organizations that discriminate with regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, religious affiliation, or presence of a disability.
- To other organizations for annual campaigns, capital campaigns, or direct mailings.
- For multiple year commitments
Applying for Griffin School Foundation Grants:
Griffin School Foundation accepts grant applications twice a year, in Spring and Fall. The application must fit within the granting criteria to be considered for an award.
The grant application should be:
- prepared using the attached Grant Application template
- prepared in MS Word format; and
- limited to two pages.
Click on the link to download our Griffin School Foundation Grant Application – Fall 2015 due by 5:00 PM on Sunday October 18! .